Sunday, February 23, 2014

Start of this BLOG

So our son Jonathan Schneringer is going on a Church mission. He is a member of the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints . He has submitted his mission papers locally to serve a two year mission and be called almost anywhere around the world.

It is a bittersweet moment in our lives as his mother and I will miss him greatly. But on the other hand, I could not be more happy for him in his upcoming adventures and the great opportunities this will bring to his life. It will be tough work for him but also a lot of fun and rewarding too. I very much look forward to the spiritual growth that will most assuredly happen with such a call to serve.

Jonathan has worked diligently for this moment in years in Young Mens, Boy Scouts earning his Eagle, going out with the local missionaries and much more. Even working hard at his job at McDonalds, putting up with a lot of things there and  literally saving every dime he was paid from McDs to serve this mission. Jonathan is a fine young man and I'm sure will do well on his mission and whatever he chooses in life.  

I'm writing this because Jonathan really is not much for being online. So as his father who is online too much, I feel it is my duty to keep this BLOG for him to journal his adventures and share with family and friends.

I will do what I can to share information as it arrives in emails and keep those following Jonathan's adventures informed of his latest happenings. Any questions please feel free to contact me.

Thank you all for sharing this mission with Jonathan.

Sincerely,
Bishop Jim Schneringer

P.S. No worries if this BLOG changes appearance from time to time. I always like to tweak on these kinds of things so be warned some things such as the look, the main pictures, and funky widgets on the side may change over time.

1 comment:

  1. Jonathan ,your time is coming very quickly as to when you are going to be serving the Lord full time. We are so very happy you have made this choice.

    ReplyDelete